I have fought a good fight, I have finished my course, I have kept the faith: 2 Timothy 4:7
It is not how you start that matters but how you finish. If you start well and finish badly, you will not get any reward no matter how much you suffered. But even if you start badly but finish well, you will be duly rewarded. Apostle Paul understood this and so he made up his mind at the beginning of his ministry to finish strong. At one point, he told the Philippians, “Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 3:13-14).
We are in the last month of the year. This is the month when the height of evil will be manifested; the temptations will be heavy. Don’t compromise your faith for anything. Don’t cheat, lie, steal, do evil in order to meet up. How you end this year will determine how your next year will be. Also remember that the coming of the Lord is nearer than when we first believed. Don’t be caught unawares. You never know if the rapture will happen this month. The God that has seen you through up till now can give you all you require. Just hold on and be faithful.
Take heed to all the topics written in this month’s edition, study and meditate on them. They are specially selected to direct and bless you. No matter what, finish strong!
1 Corinthians 9:1-20
Healed of chest pain
I had this chest pain that disturbed me. It was so bad that I could not withstand noise. During a Tuesday service, an usher told me to sit beside a speaker and I obeyed. I was there till the end of the service and did not feel any pain. I got the communion blood and began using it. Other symptoms vanished too. I can now carry a bucket of water to the bathroom and bath, unlike before. Praise God!
[Thank God for a new day]
1. Dear Lord, I receive from You the grace to finish strong. I shall not be like the five foolish virgins whose lamps went out before the time. I shall stand till the end in Jesus name.
2. I shall achieve all that God has planned for me and I will make heaven at last in the mighty name of Jesus.
3. I destroy any plans of the enemy to stop me. Every evil plan to bring destruction on me, my family and the works of my hand is destroyed now in Jesus name!
4. Holy Spirit, move now through my body and uproot whatsoever my Heavenly Father did not plant in my body in Jesus name.
5. You spirit of infirmity that causes sickness and diseases, I command you to take away your hands from my health, in Jesus name.
CONTINUE WITH THE “40 DAYS OF POWER” PRAYER BOOK, DAY 15