For where two or three are gathered together in my name, there am I in the midst of them. Matthew 18:22
‘Forsake not the gathering of the brethren’ is a command Apostle Paul gave in scriptures. God through him enjoins us to always avail ourselves of the opportunity to meet together with brethren. God is always present when brethren come together in His name. This is the reason why being in church is very important, be it on a Sunday or a weekday. Every activity is designed for your ‘upliftment’ and ‘betterment’ and should not be absented from no matter the excuse.
Church is a place where believers are strengthened and edified. Church is a place where the giftings of God are made manifest for the edification of the brethren. Church is like a filling station where vehicles come to get fueled and serviced as they rapour with other vehicles. The Psalmist said, “Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron’ beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments; As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore. (Psalm 133:1-3)
Make up your mind never to miss any service both Sunday and mid-week and your life will be built up.
SAY THIS PRAYER
Father I repent of any form of laxity I have shown in attending services. I receive Grace to get more committed in Jesus name.
I release any blessing tied to your commitment to attending services in the mighty name of Jesus!
1. I destroy every limitation that the enemy has set over my life and dream, in the name of Jesus.
2. Father, do something in my life that will make those who mock me cover their face in shame, in Jesus name.
3. I call forth every resources required to carry out any church project in Jesus name.
4. I command the blessings of God upon this nation. We will not have need for external intervention in Jesus name!
5. I plead the blood of Jesus over my life, my family, the church and this Nation in Jesus name!
(*Spend time on these prayer points for effectiveness.)