APPROPRIATING YOUR VICTORY THROUGH THE WORD
“And now, brethren, I commend you to God, and to the word of his grace, which is able to build you up, and to give you an inheritance among all them which are sanctified.” Acts 20:32
Genesis 1:1-24, John 1:1-5
It is only what you know that belongs to you that you can appropriate, enforce, and maintain.
Components of the word that appropriates victory
• The Word your read (in the bible and materials)
• The Word you hear (in messages and testimonies)
• The Word you speak (confessing and testifying)
Sources of the Word
• The bible
• Inspirational books
• Messages/Sermons during services
• Testimonies of people
• Group bible discussions
Benefits of the Word
• It builds up your Spirit-man (Acts 20:32)
• It raises a standard against the attacks of the enemy
• It nourishes your spirit
• It prospers you (3 John 2)
• It destroys oppositions (Jeremiah 23:29)
• It creates whatever you send it to (John 1:1-5)
• It is the food your faith eats to be able to lay hold on your inheritance in Christ (1 John 5:4, Romans 10:17)
• Releasing the specific Word for the moment gives Angels what to work with.
• It drives temptation away (Matthew 4)
• It washes you clean (Ephesians 5:26)
• It is a stopper of sin (Psalm 119:11)
How to build appetite for the Word
• Pray for the Holy Spirit to make you hungry for the Word.
• Realize the value of the Word; that it is your life
• Create a policy for yourself never to eat physical food any day without studying some chapters of the bible
• Cut away distractions.
• Don’t procrastinate. Start immediately
• Be consistent with your Word-study policies.
Understanding the Word
• Read it prayerfully, asking the Holy Spirit to interpret
• Read for instructions and not to totally grasp. Some scriptures might seem confusing and will take deeper study to unravel them. Leave them and move on. For a start, read the part of the scripture that tells stories like Genesis, Exodus, Matthew, Mark, Luke, John, Acts of the Apostles. With time, you can go to others.
• Use your devotional, making sure you read the “further study” scripture and also memorize the opening scripture.
• Make personal Word-study policies now.
• Pray for Grace to be consistent
Today, our 30 days fasting and prayer focus will be VICTORY OVER UNTIMELY DEATH
Turn to Day 9 of your prayer book and pray!