We are beginning a series on Soul winning. This topic is so important in the body of Christ today. We are not saved to remain in church. We are saved to go get others saved. We can achieve this if we are dedicated soul winners. In order to know what is required of you, you need an understanding of what soul winning is.
WHAT SOUL WINNING IS
[Before you start, everybody should give their own definitions of ‘soul winning’]
Let’s define soul winning from some scriptures in the bible;
• “Go ye therefore, and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them into the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit: teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I commanded you: and lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.” (Matthew 28:19-20): This is the great commission. It is a command to take the gospel of Jesus to the world starting from where we are.
• “Then said he unto his disciples, The harvest indeed is plenteous, but the laborers are few. Pray ye therefore the Lord of the harvest, that he send forth laborers into his harvest.” (Matthew 9:37-38): Here, Jesus described people on earth like harvest and the believers as the harvesters. It is our responsibility to go into the world and harvest souls for the kingdom.
• “And he saith unto them, Come ye after me, and I will make you fishers of men. (Matthew 4:19): this means we are saved to go and inform others. Our mission is to tell them to come and see He who changed our life and who would do the same for them. We are saved to save others.
• “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.” (Acts 1:8): A witness is someone who sees an event and reports what happened or someone who testifies by word or deed to his religious faith. Tell people what you have seen about Jesus.
SOUL WINNING PATHWAY
This is the normal procedure in winning a soul for Jesus.
• Preach the gospel
• Then, the Holy Spirit convicts your hearer
• Then, you lead the person to Christ by confessing Jesus as Lord and Savior.
• Then, you encourage the person to start attending a word-based and Spirit-led church.
• Then, ensure the person receives the baptism of the Holy Spirit.
• Then, you follow up the new convert till maturity.
This is the summary of soul winning per person.
Go out and talk to someone in the neighbourhood about Jesus