“So David went, he and the six hundred men that were with him, and came to the brook Besor, where those that were left behind stayed.” 1 Samuel 30:9
The verse before our opening scripture says, “And David enquired at the LORD, saying, Shall I pursue after this troop? shall I overtake them? And he answered him, Pursue: for thou shalt surely overtake them , and without fail recover all .” (Vs 8). When David enquired, God spoke. Our opening scripture now tells us what David did. “So David went…” He obeyed the instruction. He took action. When you ask God what to do in a given circumstance, He always communicates His leading. It is now left to you to either obey or not. Your deliverance is not in the Word of God but in your obedience to the Word.
Sometimes in answer, the solution God gives does not follow human logic and reasoning; it may not make sense. That is why Apostle Paul said in Romans 1:25, 27, 29, “Because the foolishness of God is wiser than men; and the weakness of God is stronger than men. But God hath chosen the foolish things of the world to confound the wise; and God hath chosen the weak things of the world to confound the things which are mighty; That no flesh should glory in his presence.” When the people in the wedding in Cana ran out of wine and Jesus told them to fill the containers with water, it did not make sense but they obeyed. It was not the instruction but the obedience to that divine instruction that brought the miracle and the embarrassing situation was turned around.
Beloved, the instruction you refuse to obey will keep you at the same spot. If David did not make a move in response to the instruction, his family would have been lost for good. What instruction have you received? Obey it. As you are reading this, the Holy Spirit is bringing them to remembrance in your heart. Begin to obey them now and you will see your life overflow.
1 Samuel 30:1-20, 1 Corinthians 1:1-31, John 2:1-12
During a service in January, daddy called for those who would sponsor distribution of devotional to those who could not afford it. I joined and sponsored and daddy declared that God would cause someone to do for us something we could not do for ourselves. I received the prayer because I was in need of financial help. Few days later, my uncle sent me a tangible amount of money. My aunt also gave me my school fees. Praise God!
[Spend some time and worship God. Thank Him for all He has done.]
1. Father, override my will and cause me to obey Your instruction that will change my life for good in Jesus name.
2. Every seed I have sown in the past, I command them to bring my harvest now in Jesus name.
3. Any power that has been mandated to make sure I remain at the same level from month to month, I sack you now by fire in Jesus name.
4. Whatever the enemy has projected into my path this month to bring sorrow and pain, I terminate it now in Jesus name.
5. This month, I overthrow every opposing stronghold, I overtake every holder of my miracle and I overflow in every area of my life and family in Jesus name!