“For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.” Hebrews 4:12
God’s word is power. God’s word is an inexhaustible source of wisdom and knowledge in which you can constantly draw from and discover treasures every time. Each time you delve into the Word, priceless truth is birthed in your spirit. When you take time to study the word of God, the Holy Spirit gives you power and this power is a producer of testimonies.
Our opening scripture shows certain qualities of the Word of God: It is quick; meaning it doesn’t waste time to deliver. As soon as it is released, it gets to the destination faster than the speed of light. It is powerful; meaning it has what it takes to cause any required change. Any situation that needs change gets changed as soon as the Word is released in that direction. It is sharp; there is nothing it cannot cut through. If it is a growth in the body, it will cut it off, and so on. It pierces even to divide two things that are very close and identical. The soul and spirit are hard to differentiate, the same with the joint and bone marrow yet the word can precisely divide between them. The word shows difference between weeds and tares, truth and falsehood, and so on. It discerns; when the Word is active in you, it will help you judge your motives and actions and make sure they are right. It also helps you see through what other people’s intentions are.
Beloved, value the Word of God. Eat it the same way you eat food. The more of the Word in you, the stronger you get and the more these qualities listed above will be manifest in your life and your joy will be full.
My daughter-in-law was in the 6th month of her pregnancy and her doctor said the baby had died in her womb. We were called to rush to FMC. I took the blood of Jesus to her in the hospital. I applied it on her and declared that the blood that is better than the blood that flows from mother to child will save the child. God took control. She is alive today and the baby is alive. Praise God!
– Mrs. Rita O
[Spend some time and worship God. Thank Him for all He has done in your life and family.]
1. Dear Holy Spirit, grant me understanding of the word of God that it may discern my actions, thoughts and motives and cause the changes I need in my life in Jesus name.
2. I receive the word of God into your spirit, soul and body. May hunger for the Word overtake me now in the mighty name of Jesus!
3. Any evil force pushing me into the wrong things, I put an end to your operations in my life now in Jesus name.
4. Every situation in my life that has refused to change, let the hammer of the Word break you to pieces now in Jesus name.
5. I command amazing testimonies upon my life and my family this month in Jesus name.
[Add other prayers as you are led]