“So the people shouted when the priests blew with the trumpets: and it came to pass, when the people heard the sound of the trumpet, and the people shouted with a great shout, that the wall fell down flat, so that the people went up into the city, every man straight before him, and they took the city.” Joshua 6:20
Jericho was a city that stood between the children of Israel and their promised land. The people of Jericho did not allow them pass. Joshua 6:1 says, “Now Jericho was straitly shut up because of the children of Israel: none went out, and none came in.” There was no way the children of Israel could possess their possession as long as Jericho remained. The wall of Jericho was ‘unpassable’. It was so high that houses were built into the wall. It was so wide and strong that horses ran on top of it. Infact, it was as wide as the height. This means that if it ‘falls’ sideways, it will still be standing as a wall. It was practically impossible for the children of Israel to pass through. The only option would have been to camp near Jericho forever or return to Egypt. That was when God, the impossibility specialist came through. He met Joshua and gave him the key to making the wall of Jericho fall. He told them to march round the wall for 6 days and on the 7th day, they should end it with a shout. They obeyed and the forces of Heave were unleashed who marched the walls of Jericho into the ground. The formidable wall of Jericho came down.
I don’t know what is standing before you as a wall of Jericho. Be it in your health, your finances, your marital life, the works of your hands, and so on. Those walls are coming down today! All you need do is go to God in prayer for His Divine solution. What He will tell you to do may not make sense but it holds the key to the walls falling. Once you do what He has told you to do, shout a shout of praise and you will see the walls no more.
God is faithful. Since I started attending services in church, things have turned around for me. My children who forgot me started remembering me. One of my sons called me and told me that he will now be sending me money monthly. Praise God.
– Jude O.
[Spend some time and worship God. Thank Him for all He has done.]
1. You walls of Jericho standing in my path of blessing, crumble now in Jesus name!
2. Every generational affliction that runs in my family, I carve myself out by the blood of Jesus.
3. Every handwriting of ordinance against me and my immediate family, I wipe it by the blood of Jesus.
4. Any personal mistake that has brought affliction into my life, I plead for mercy now. Let it be wiped by the blood of Jesus. I decree, the works of my hands are blessed in Jesus name.
5. This month, I overthrow every opposing stronghold, I overtake every holder of my miracle and I overflow in every area of my life and family in Jesus name!