On MONDAY, we were told never to despise a praiser. When you see others dancing in church, don’t criticize them. When you see people lifting their hands with tears in their eyes, don’t despise them. When you see people lying or rolling on the floor in worship, don’t talk down on them. They alone know why they are praising God. Since you can’t do for them what God has done for them, don’t say anything about their praise. Never mock a praiser. It can bring curse upon you. Instead of despising, join in.
On TUESDAY, we learnt that when we praise God devotedly, we will possess His anointing, enabling us do exploits. We are in the new covenant era where the Holy Spirit doesn’t come to visit but rather he inhabits us as His permanent habitat. He is the promise of the father to all who would believe and accept Jesus Christ as their Lord and personal savior. Praising God is the cheapest way of stirring up the anointing of God from your inner man, for out of your bowels shall flow rivers of living water.
On WEDNESDAY, we learnt about overcoming limitations through praise. Praising God is the major key to living a shackle-free life. When you pray, God sends Angels to hearken to the voice of your petitions, but praising God is different because He inhabits the praises of His people; God arises in His battle array when you give Him the praise He deserves. So no matter the kind of limitation you are facing, you can praise God and you will overcome all of them.
On THURSDAY, we learnt that Praise will help us remove the focus from ourselves and re-focus on the Lord. God desires our eyes to be firmly fixed on Him because that’s where our true hope is found. He is worthy of our praise and appreciation no matter what we face from day to day. Each time we shift our focus away from the Master, we begin to sink into the ocean of our trials, and tribulations like Peter began to sink when he walked on water. Praise as a lifestyle helps you to fix your gaze and focus on the one who is able to make you walk on water. It removes your mind from your weak abilities and helps you remember that Jehovah is your God and your ability.
On FRIDAY, we were told not to misplace praise. Most people send praise to the wrong quarters. God heals them, they praise their doctor or their medication; unknown to them that many people have taken drugs that did not work. God gives them a job, they praise their uncle whose connection they used; unknown to them that many people have better connections but are jobless. God gives them admission into higher institution; they praise their UTME score and their helper unknown to them that many intelligent people are not yet in school. You need to realize that. Whatever good thing that happens to you has God’s hand in it. Always make it a lifestyle to praise God first before you appreciate anybody else.
On SATURDAY, we learnt about the life of a praiser in our house fellowship study. We learnt about where God gets praise from, the life of a praiser and making your life fit to offer praise.
1. What happens when you despise a praiser?
2. How do you possess the anointing?
3. How do you overcome limitations?
4. Why should you re-focus on the Lord?
5. What does it mean to misplace praise?
6. How fit is your life to offer praise?
1. Accept Jesus as your Lord and personal savior if you are yet to do so.
2. Spend more quality time in praise, prayer and word-study daily.
3. Tell somebody about Jesus, lead them to Christ and bring them to church.
4. Ensure you attend church services more often than before. Join a service unit and be more committed to it.
5. Read an inspirational book this week on any of the topics we learnt about during the week.
6. Get the oil of gladness, the communion blood, our books, DVDs, CDs, PHD mantle from Praise Tabernacle bookshop today and start making use of them.