On MONDAY, we learnt What Praise is. Praising God connotes expressing gratitude and respect to Him. It is an act of worship and also thanksgiving. It is always done with gladness of heart, excitement, and gratitude. You can praise God by singing, dancing, and speaking out verbally the wondrous deeds that He has done. You are free to praise God with trumpets, harps, flutes, cymbals, drums and all form of musical instruments. When you praise God, do it with a passionate, grateful and respectful heart. Do so with all your might and that is when your encounter starts.
On TUESDAY, we were told to be in His presence. One major benefit of praise is its ability to enable you to enter and dwell in His presence where there is fullness of joy. Joy is the only way to draw forth your salvation packages from the heavenlies into your life. Joy is like a bucket, a tipper, a 1000 litre tank, and so on. The level of your joy determines your capacity to collect or receive from God. This is why the devil keeps Christians down with depression, fear, worry, anxiety and every other joy killer. Create a perpetual presence of the Lord around you by living a life of praise.
On WEDNESDAY, we were told that Glory will come down when we praise. When the glory of God comes down, there are benefits. These are the benefits of the glory of the Lord; receiving His goodness in your life, enjoying His mercies and loving kindness in your life and situation. The glory of the Lord satisfies; it is a protection from your enemies, for they cannot stand the power of His glory. Decide today to begin to live a life of praise and adoration unto the Lord and let your life be glory filled.
On THURSDAY, we were told to praise for a lifting. When Praises go up, blessings come down. When you praise God, He will lift you. When you praise God, you are lifting Him above the prevalent circumstances. When you do that, He will lift you also above the circumstances. When next you are tempted to complain, praise instead. No matter what the issue is, when you give God praise from your heart with genuine gratitude, He will come through for you and lift you out of the problem you are facing, and He will do it speedily.
On Friday, we learnt that God needs our praise. As Almighty as God is, there is one thing God cannot do for Himself; He cannot praise Himself. God doesn’t eat rice and chicken and fufu and pizza. The only food that God eats is praise and worship. That is the primary reason why He woke you up this morning; why He keeps intervening in your life; why He fights unseen battles for you; why He keeps blessing you and performing miracles in your life; so you can praise Him. The Angels that surround a habitual praiser are the strongest of Angels. This is because they don’t want any evil to befall the one who is giving God the food He eats.
On SATURDAY, we learnt about Praise Expressions in our house fellowship study. We learnt the time of the day to praise, the best place to praise, how to express praise, and what to offer in praise.
1. What is Praise?
2. What are the benefits of being in God’s presence?
3. What happens when the glory of God comes down?
4. How do you praise for a lifting?
5. Why does God need your praise?
6. In what ways did you express praise to God this week?
1. Accept Jesus as your Lord and personal savior if you are yet to do so.
2. Spend more quality time in praise, prayer and word-study daily.
3. Tell somebody about Jesus, lead them to Christ and bring them to church.
4. Ensure you attend church services more often than before. Join a service unit and be more committed to it.
5. Read an inspirational book this week on any of the topics we learnt about during the week.
6. Get the oil of gladness, the communion blood, our books, DVDs, CDs, PHD mantle from Praise Tabernacle bookshop today and start making use of them.