On MONDAY, we were told to Praise God in times of despair. Sometime, you find yourself in situations where praise is the last thing on your mind. You get so overwhelmed with the situation that your sense of praise is shut down. It gets worse when you have been faithful in church attendance, sowing seeds, giving offerings, helping others. You find it difficult believing that such a situation can come upon you, despite all you have done. Job was in such a state of despair that his wife turned her back on him. Beloved, whatever you are going through is an opportunity to show God where you depend on. Don’t let the enemy see you cry and curse. No. Shock him with your praise.
On TUESDAY, we learnt that God lifts up the humble. Praising God is acknowledging to yourself and God that you are totally dependent upon Him. You are saying that you are nobody except He makes you somebody. You are saying as you praise Him that you relinquish all control of your life into his hands and you are confident that He is in absolute control. When you come before the Lord with this dependency and acknowledgement of Him, He will lift you. Do you want to be lifted above your peers? If you want an outstanding honorable life, begin to live a life of praise.
On WEDNESDAY, we learnt that Praise makes the enemy flee. Praise causes catastrophe in the camp of your enemies. It pushes back the darkness that surrounds your life and blocks the attacks and fiery darts of the wicked one against you. Evil cannot stick on you with ease if you are living a life of praise. Each time you praise God, you stir up miraculous workings on your behalf. Give the Lord praise about every difficult situation and see Him do what only He can do and crown you victorious.
On THURSDAY, we were told to banish complaining and negativity. A prayerful Christian might be a complainer and a murmurer; but a praiseful Christian does not complain and does not have any negativity. There are some believers that come around you and leave you feeling soiled, and burdened due to the much complaints and ingratitude they carry. In all their sentences, they make remarks that imply the unfaithfulness of God and how hard and difficult their lives are. These are not praise-full Christians. Look at your life. Are you full of complaints? Are you so negative and pessimistic that people don’t like being around you? Become a habitual praiser.
On FRIDAY, we were told that we will be refreshed and renewed in the presence of God when we praise. There is no wine or drink that matches the refreshing feeling that comes from dwelling in the presence of the Lord. There is a fullness of joy that comes over you each time you are in the presence of the Lord. Praising the Lord regularly will leave your life refreshed and renewed. It will add a peace and calmness to your soul and spirit. When people see you, they will see the glory of the Lord radiating all over you and your face will just be shining and glistening.
On SATURDAY, we learnt the benefits of praise in our house fellowship study. There are several benefits to derive from praise. When you don’t do it, you live short of the blessings of God. Even when ‘August, the month of Praise’ comes to an end, continue praising. Let it be your daily lifestyle.
1. Why should you praise God in times of despair?
2. Why should you be humble in order to praise?
3. What happens to enemies when you praise?
4. What happens when you complain and remain in negativity?
5. What benefits do you derive from the presence of God?
6. What are the benefits you have derived from praising God this month?
1. Accept Jesus as your Lord and personal savior if you are yet to do so.
2. Spend more quality time in praise, prayer and word-study daily.
3. Tell somebody about Jesus, lead them to Christ and bring them to church.
4. Ensure you attend church services more often than before. Join a service unit and be more committed to it.
5. Read an inspirational book this week on any of the topics we learnt about during the week.
6. Get the oil of gladness, the communion blood, our books, DVDs, CDs, PHD mantle from Praise Tabernacle bookshop today and start making use of them.