THE MESSAGE OF A SOUL WINNER
What do you talk about when you want to witness? Any of these will help give you direction as you witness.
• The love of the Father (John 3:16, 1 John 3:1): it was the love of God that made Him send Jesus. When you preach, let people know that God loves them and is willing to receive them. Just like the story of the prodigal son in Luke 15:11-24, the father ran and embraced the prodigal son when he came back to the father. It is the same with our heavenly Father. Let people know this.
• The work of Jesus on earth (Luke 19:10, John 10:10, 1 John 3:8): The coming of Jesus and His work on earth were not in vain. He came to seek and save the lost, He came to give life, He came to destroy the works of the devil. His coming dealt with the following:
o sin – (Isaiah 53:1-12)
o sickness – (Matthew 8:17, 1 Peter 2:24)
o death – (Hebrews 2:14-15)
o works of darkness – (1 John 3:8)
o [discuss others]
• The new creation life and the benefits of it (2 Corinthians 5:15-17): When a person accepts Jesus as Lord and personal savior, the person becomes born again and ceases to be an ordinary person. The person is now a new creation with the following benefits:
o Sins forgiven (Colossians 2:13)
o Old nature destroyed (Romans 6:11,
o Power and Authority of evil (Luke 10:19)
o Baptism of the Holy Ghost (Acts 1:8, 2:1-4)
o Relationship with the Father through Jesus (Roman 8:15, Hebrews 4:16)
o Prayer will be answered (Matthew 7:7)
o Health and prosperity made possible (3 John:2)
o Yokes of bondage over (1 John 3:8)
o [discuss others]
• How much God cares about their welfare: (Matthew 6:18-30): Knowing that God cares about what they eat, what they wear, their academics, their work, and every little detail of their lives will open them up to receive the gospel.
• The blessedness of heaven (Revelation 21): Let them know how beautiful heaven is and so no one should miss it.
• The fearfulness of hell (Matthew 5:29-30): let them know how terrible hell is and so no one should go there.
• Your testimony (John 4:28-30); After meeting Jesus at the well, the Samaritan woman went and told everyone in the city and they came to Jesus. Just tell people in your office, school, neighbourhood, friends, family, what the Lord has done for you. Narrate your encounter with them and then follow it up with an invitation to receive Jesus into their lives. You can also invite them to the church where you had the encounter.